Types of maps
The Ministry of Health developed the following Maps of Healthcare Needs in the years 2015-2018:
- hospital maps – published in 2016 and 2018;
- oncological maps – published in 2015 and 2017;
- cardiological maps – published in 2015 and 2017;
- maps for 30 disease groups – published in 2017 and 2018.
The maps for oncology, cardiology, and 30 disease groups refer to three areas:
- inpatient care (including hospitals, hospices, long-term care, Separately Contracted Benefits, Highly Specialised Benefits),
- specialised outpatient care – diagnostics and treatment in scope of ASC, Cost-Intensive Ambulatory Diagnostics,
- primary care.
The hospitalisation maps analyse the state and utilisation of resources by hospital wards only.
Diagram of Maps released in 2015-2018